09 June 2016

MESSY


For those of you who don't know, I recently just graduated from college with a bachelor's degree in Journalism. Quite frankly, and I believe all eight thousand and one graduates from my school think the same, it still feels so surreal. I cannot believe that it has been four years of college education which consisted of unbelievable work piles and deadlines, uncontrollable anxiety attacks, mental and emotional (and occasionally physical) breakdowns, as well as pleasant lunch breaks with friends, #maturetalks, block jokes and puns, and many more.

It was one hell of an experience. It has only been a few days since we walked up the stage and were officially called "graduates" and I already miss everything: my school, my block, and my friends.  

I've been preparing myself for those "welcome to the real world" comments but I'm still in denial. The "real world" (which should be called the "adult world" because there's no such thing as a "fake world") sounds so scary that it makes me want to stay in bed and hide under my sheets. But, ah, one must survive by working hard for money. Curses.

But seriously though, I try my best to not be intimidated by "jobs" and other adult things. I want to gradually accept that this is a new chapter in my life that can change my world. I swear, if my high school student self could see me now, she'd probably be surprised.

In this new chapter, I would like to be able to be more "outgoing" (so many words inside quotation marks already in this post). I would also like to hone my skill in photography. Hopefully, I'll find the courage to go out of my comfort zone and just. talk. to. people. Introvert problems.

That's it for now, I guess. This blog has been a mess this senior year. Please accept another apology. I also hope I get to be more active here. I still enjoy leisure writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment