10 February 2015

CHANGES

I've realized that this is my first post in 2015 and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to make an entry last January, although I'm not one who posts regularly but it's nice to be able to blog at the first month of the new year. In that case, Happy New Year!


2014 was part-spectacular and part-horrible for personal reasons but nonetheless has given me several reasons why I should be thankful for what I have and who I am today and lessons that should benefit me this year and for the following years to come. 

But they are still some things that I've left in 2014. For one, randomly speaking, I've thought about making a video diary, or rather just a video compilation because I have a collection of videos that I took last year that I never really had the time to edit or form into one cohesive thing as they were all recorded in different dates and moments. This is still something that I'm mulling over but I will surely make a post about it when I decide to make one.

Second, this blog. I made my previous entry last December and everything that happened after that was irrelevant and not much blog worthy. But for those of you who don't follow me on Instagram, I actually co-own another blog with my dear friend Shaunna. You can visit the blog here. It's fairly new and we haven't done a project together so all of our posts are based on our individual endeavors.

I'm not going to delete this blog though. It's not as successful as the photography blogs I follow but I want to keep something that's truly and only mine.


Third, my new year's resolutions. I recently found a notebook of mine that was apparently filled with a list of things that I should have done last year. I accomplished some of them but the rest were forgotten and my mind subconsciously placed them in the 'things that don't matter' box. 

This year, my only resolution is to stay organized. I have my planner, notebooks, sticky notes, and everything else that I need to keep things in order. I make lists out of everything, I organize my things in the correct category that they belong to . . . even I'm surprised with how neat my things are recently. Having a new desk and more knowledge of DIY knick knacks helped, I suppose. I do hope I keep this up until the end of the year or longer which would obviously be better.

There are still so many things that I would love to share but I don't want to jinx anything.

We've all grown out of something; whether they're good or bad changes, we're all different now than we were last year and I think the gentle present is what we should now focus on.


(All photos were taken with a Canon 700D + Canon 50mm f/1.8. My nifty fifty was a Christmas gift and I am absolutely in love with it! You can see the rest of the photos in this photo series that I made about a week ago)


No comments:

Post a Comment