18 August 2015

HONG KONG 2015: PHOTO + VIDEO DIARY



FOREWORD:

I apologize for posting this too late (more than a month too late which makes it worse), but here it is anyway and I do, in fact, have an explanation for that.

One of the reasons why this post was delayed to a later date is because of my internship. Not that it was a huge hindrance but work is work and I didn't want to edit my photos while I was in the office. There were unwritten rules that I respected. I'll have to write a different post about my internship soon. Well, I'll try. No promises.



Another would have to be that I spent the same amount of time and effort onto my video diary, which I made open to the internet a few days ago. I know it's not much but I tried to make the best of my vlogging capabilites. Sidenote: what you'll see in my video diary is only half of all the videos that I took while in Hong Kong. I didn't want to make it into a long travel diary so I only chose the best clips. Irrelevant information but I just felt like I needed to share that.



I tried to put my entire heart into these photos and wanted to show that by taking my time in making this photo series a little bit close to perfect.

Hong Kong was such a dream; I never thought I'd be able to travel abroad at this age but I did and that's why I appreciated our trip more than I have ever appreciated anything.

Believe me when I say this (because it sounds like a complete understatement): I loved every moment that I had in that place. Forget the fact that we got lost on our way to our hotel on our first and second day, that we weren't able to stay in Disneyland for more than two hours, that we all went home with aching feet . . . I still miss it all.

I still see glimpses of Hong Kong in my daydreams and I only wish that we stayed a bit longer. Hopefully I get to go back soon. I'll surely know how to go to places now.



There are so many other things that I want to share with you about our trip but you'll see them anyway in my photo series. So without further ado, here it is! I hope you like my photos just as much as I loved taking them.

YOU MAY VIEW MY PHOTO DIARY HERE.

(Update: I do realize now that there are typographical errors in my photo diary. So much for being 'a little bit close to perfect'. On the day that I planned to edit those out, my laptop's system got corrupted and it had to be reformatted. I didn't have the raw file saved elsewhere which was my mistake. Excuse me while I give myself infinite face palms.)

No comments:

Post a Comment