29 May 2015

WEEKEND TRIP


Music recommendation:
Outerhope – Twenty years from now
Gregory Alan Isakov – Second Chances
This playlist

//

Last weekend consisted of: a two-hour drive to Laguna, an afternoon boat ride, countless portraits with a stunning view of the Caliraya lake as the background, a foggy morning, and, most of all, the silence that made us unaware of the home that we had back in the bustling city of Manila.

My last semester in my third year in college ended about two weeks ago and it may seem that I can finally have freedom in my grasp (lol at the irony), but no. We’ll be having our internship this summer and I have to admit, I feel a bit anxious about it. Alright, not a bit—I feel it quite immensely.

I feel as if time has passed by too fast. From one moment, I’m as dazed and confused as my fellow freshmen on our first day of college, and the next, we’re fixing documents, choosing which firms we would apply to, etc. It’s as if we’ve stepped into a magical portal that immediately transported us to the future.

I’d like to stop the drama here; I’m not even graduating yet. Plus, it’s irrelevant with the new set of photos I have in here.

This two-day vacation was what I wanted and needed. All those times I studied late for exams or did homework, I listened to indie folk playlists which made me want to go on spontaneous adventures. This trip wasn’t spontaneous per se but it’s enough. I hope that I will be able to do that soon.

There are so many other things that I want to share in this online space but I’ll reserve that for future posts.

Also, before I conclude this entry, I made a video diary about our trip. I considered vlogging, as in me talking to the camera about our endeavors, but hearing my voice on a video would give me constant cringe attacks that will most likely make me regret ever doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment