02 May 2016

GONE TOO LONG

I know, I know. 

I've become so bad at keeping this blog alive for the past few months and I am truly sorry for the lack of posts. I do have photos that I would like to share but maybe soon (and when I mean soon, I mean maybe within this or next week).

A lot has happened recently since I last posted. February and March were a rush of deadlines and family reunions and a broken diet. April was such a slow month for me. In April, I spent two days for thesis (because of the deadline for the final submission to the department) which left me completely sleep deprived like I have never been before that I couldn't talk any sense to anybody. I had to always say a disclaimer before saying something. Somehow, I still managed to think.

After submitting our thesis, we then had to prepare for defense. The feelings of nausea and crippling anxiety, however, was what made preparing for it horrible. Defense was like an intense reporting wherein your only point of reference is your own paper. And the idea of not being able to defend it well enough was what made me and my thesis mates fear the most.

Nonetheless, our defense went quite well. We were recommended minor revisions and you can just imagine my friends and I jumping for joy of finally getting through the dreaded thesis defense.

A week later, we had our journ ball which was probably the closest thing I could get to a prom. It was quite a big deal for me because it was something that I have never experienced before. I haven't picked a dress and done my hair and make-up in about two years when I was still in the 'debut' era of my life so fixing myself up felt a little new to me again. 

My friends dressed so beautifully that night. Like the theme of the ball which was entitled Tala, meaning the night sky, everyone shined like stars. I honestly felt like a dim light with my self-made make-up and hair, but it later didn't matter as I was able to spend a night with my friends (plus a facetime session with Maera as she didn't go).

After Tala, we had to focus on our academics again. Would you believe that it's finals week, probably the last finals week we are ever going to have in our lives? Well, not to all of us but just the most of us.

When finals week is over, that's it. That's (hopefully) the end of our academic lives.

My freshman self did not think this far. Even my senior self didn't think I would go this far.

This is all unbelievable.

It is currently 11:40 P.M. and thoughts of graduating and finding a job and just living life in general is overwhelming me. How do people go through this and move on? It's going to be so hard to sleep now.

Quite frankly, let's save that type of conversation for another time. I promise that I'll do that blog post, hopefully within the month. *sighs* But anyway, that's what I can update for now. No photos, just words.

I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment