02 February 2016

BAGUIO PHOTO DIARY

Yet another overdue start-of-the-year post. I apologize for being horrible at this. The sole reason is that I can never get away from watching anime now which has actually made my life more colorful. I love it despite giving me such high expectations about everything in life. *sighs*

Anyway, I tagged along with my parents when they went to Baguio for three days to attend a conference. I wanted to visit the summer capital of the Philippines as it had been almost 12 years since I last went there. I also wanted some cold weather.



I can vaguely remember what Baguio looked like when I was little, only that it wasn't as urbanized as it is now.


But one should never leave Baguio without bringing home some strawberries. 


It was quite a hot day when we went strawberry picking. We also got to buy some vegetables which were way cheaper than the ones being sold in Manila.


On our first and second night, we went to the night market at Harrison Road, the one beside Burnham Park and starts at around nine in the evening.

An entire street is filled up by vendors selling clothes which start at 10 pesos (yes, I am not joking) and hot food to warm everyone from the city's cold weather. 


Prior to this trip, I planned on exploring the city alone but the moment we arrived in the city and wound through several streets just to get to where we were supposed to go, fear struck me as getting lost in an unfamiliar place without knowing anybody was a horrible idea . . . for anyone, basically.

I hope that I'll get to go back with friends next time as it would be such a wonderful thing to walk around Baguio with them.

I also made a short video diary of our trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment